Thursday, April 24, 2003

 
My computer just got infected with a serious worm...its called VBS_REDLOF. According to our ICT support here in AIM this stupid thing was born or at least reached the phils. around last year. I used Trend Micro's PC-Cillin and Norton's antivirus but they couldn't clean or remedy my infected files. It goes straight to my Windows/Systems folders and attacks them. So one by one, my files are being deleted or renamed so that the programs can't function properly. Beginning with my c drive folders.
Other info:
virus type: VBScript
destructive: yes
overall risk rating: Medium
reported infections: medium
Damage potential: High

I hate this. My pc has been with me since 1999 when Intel provided me my own laptop when I started working there. But this pc was used by the two people before me which means it has been pretty much alive and kicking since 1997. It uses Pentium MMX technology 150Mhz, 32MB ram upgraded to 64MB, 1.5GB Hard disk and is IBM. I feel like I'm writing it's eulogy because I know I have to sell or get rid of it soon. It's just broken down so much, been reformatted and rebuilt so many times. it's more vulnerable and susceptible to viruses and other harmful stuff. My poor baby. Sniff. It has traveled all over with me and survived so many seminars, presentations, movies, airport scanners etc. And it's got everything built in like disk drive, cd drive despite it's small size. But it's really getting hard because i don't even have a usb port, the mouse doesn't work so well, the screen is super small, it weighs a ton...aaarg, but i love it anyway.

i think it is also one of the few laptops that still has a "nipple". I was rolling on the ground with laughter when i first heard what that little rollerball in the middle of the keyboard was called. It's like a mini-mouse. I personally don't the like the touch screen on most laptops now.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]