Tuesday, April 08, 2003

 
today i started getting worried about my Action Consultancy. I've been approaching a lot of companies for this required two-month consultancy work application and it just came to my attention that there is a risk that these companies will not give you the respect or importance that you deserve or that is applicable for such a job. And this happens to even the most prestigious companies such as Citibank.

I am also worried I will have to commit myself to one company. Of course I have to. But at this point, I am still not sure what I want. I've always wanted to be in a consumer company, but come to think of it - i haven't actually really been in one. So how do I know I want it except in hearsay? I've handled the consumer market before but it's with the IT industry. It is familiar and I am used to it, which is why I could work within my comfort zone (although I still see LOTS of challenges in the job) and take HP consultancy. Or I could take a risk and see what happens. Aaaah risks. I've read and studied it in classes like finance and HBO...this seems to be a new risk. Still related to the human behavior aspect but is still a bit different.

Talked to Prof. Faustino today for advice. I'm wondering really what I should do. Professor Bustos, my mentor wasn't in at the time so I wasn't able to consult him. Is it ok to ask for advice from people? I was faced with a certain dillemma today regarding my AC - a good problem but still a problem nonetheless - and all I could think of was that I needed to find someone I could consult. Why couldn't I just handle it myself? I wish I could handle problems by myself.

I went to my lolo in the hospital the other day. I felt really sad. He lost so much weight but seemed really delighted that I visited him. It was a surprise but I chose a pretty good time since he wasn't in so much pain anymore. I hope he gets better. He's one of the sweetest people in my life. Very patient and loving. I like holding his hand, or hugging him, or simply talking to him about life's little nuances. He's very quiet but when he does say something, it just hits you big time! He is a retired Colonel in the Phil. Air Forces.

We were watching this movie on Cinemax while in the hospital. It had Cuba Gooding Jr. and Laurence Fishburne in the cast. About an all black army camp during WWII. they had some of the best fighters around but were never given recognition since they were "colored". By lolo enjoyed explaining to me how he fought in the war in the very same planes in the movie. He said that they protected those bomber planes that carried over 40 bombs that were to be dropped in enemy lines. Can you believe we went back into war? seeing all these movies that commemorate the deaths of our men and women? *Sigh* again.

I was really happy yesterday that joey dropped by to visit me in school. I was studying, as usual, in the zen garden when he showed up. He hasn't visited me in a while since he's been pretty busy with other stuff. Though I hope he still comes by more often. like before. heehee =)

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]